Monday, June 20, 2011

One breath from eternity




On the eve of my departure, this is the overflow of my current condition.

The day has come that I always for saw but never could understand what to brace myself for. Tonight, I spent my last night not only in springfield but under my families roof. After all these years, I never could have braced myself for the burden I feel. The tears, don’t stop and the goodbyes are never ending. True friends come out of the woodwork, and all things I overlooked now have become daily highlights of what I’m leaving behind.
If I could say one thing it would be don’t move. But if I may say a second thing, I would say follow God in whatever he has in store for you. Growing up, I never imagined the day would come where my life’s call would take me away from my comfort, and most importantly my family. As I venture off to California tomorrow, I can only hope that I have discerned God’s voice over mine. Most people have mistaken me for someone who is overjoyed to kick the Midwest goodbye and pursue the Hollywood luxury. Well, let the record state that that the Hollywood luxury doesn’t exist, I’ve been there. True luxury comes with spending time with those you love. I hate that it has taken me losing my family to value them. Tonight, I don’t wish that I would have spent more time with my friends, went out for one more latte, or worked another hour, I wish I would have been home for one more family dinner, or played another board game. I wish I could laugh around the dinner table one more time, or enjoy a cup of tea with my mom, go camping with my dad, make guitar Christmas videos with my sister, or create another fake radio station on cassette with my brother. I wish I had the strength to not cry, but I don’t.
I know that I was made to create music and I hope that I can radically change people through it. Giving up what I have is not worth anything less. I will give up everything for the lords call to be upon my life, but not for anything else. I know I have hurt people by leaving and all I can say to you is “please forgive me, and know that I am doing what I am called to do”
Springfield is home. It is hear that I developed my moral code, grew my faith, developed as a musician and became who I am. I am a product of this community and I am thankful. I hope to always give back and return some day. I have been blessed to have been around such great friends, and mentors. Thank you everyone who has played a role in my life, your efforts will ripple through the rest life.
Life is short. Please, do not let it slip through your fingers like sand. Enjoy this world. Travel. See as much of God’s creation as you can. Don't work for a company/career you do not enjoy. Love your spouses, so you may live long and prosperous together. Change the life of others. Invest in your family. In the end, they are all we have. When the dust settles, it is your brother that will bail you out of jail (figuratively speaking) your mom that will feed you, and father who will provide for you. “Live life for those you love and no one else, nothing else matters We Are Only One Breath Away From Eternity, So Inhale Slowly.”
Goodbye springfield,
You will be missed.
Jackson

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff man. I'm praying for you. Stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete